If you are a Lawyer are you:
- aware of the practical and technical issues on your client’s project?
- satisfied your client is fully complying with the obligations and procedures within the contract?
- aware of the project delivery risks and your client’s exposure?
- confident your client’s technical position is being presented in the best way?
- satisfied your client is maintaining records to support their proper entitlement?
- confident you and your client are fully prepared should a dispute escalate?
Edge Consult provide:
- initial high level appraisals and in depth analysis of issues impacting on construction and civil engineering projects;
- identification of technical, time and cost problems with a range of potential solutions;
- analysis to establish realistic completion dates;
- comprehensive extension of time delay assessments;
- detailed loss and expense submissions or ascertainment;
- in depth reviews to establish current and forecast financial liabilities and potential recovery of costs;
- practical dispute advice including Part 35 Expert Witness reports;
- assistance in dispute resolution matters including support for, or acting as, Party Representative in adjudications.
The Employer (our client) was involved in a large redevelopment of a country house and estate. Late in the project, Edge Consult were asked to replace the project Quantity Surveyor and undertake valuation of the works. This eventually led to the issue of the ‘Statement of all Adjustments to be made to the Contract Sum’ together with ascertainment of loss and expense.
The Contractor disputed Edge Consult’s valuation. Following the Final Certificate, the Contractor commenced arbitration proceedings against our client for payment of £8 million above our Final Certificate. In the arbitration process, Edge Consult assisted our client’s lawyers and in particular worked closely with their team. This included an active part in the ‘disclosure’ process, where Edge Consult’s experience proved invaluable in identifying documentation that would assist our client’s case.
As part of the arbitration, the parties agreed to mediate and again Edge Consult was heavily involved. Soon after the mediation, offers were made and just before the arbitration was due to commence, a settlement agreement was concluded very close to the original Final Certificate issued by Edge Consult.