If you are an Employer / Developer
- able to identify all the contract documents?
- confident your team is fully aware of the risks, obligations and procedures under your contract?
- fully complying with the contract?
- controlling both the project and contractual risks?
- limiting your financial exposure?
- up to date with all relevant notices and certificates?
- presenting or protecting your position in the best way?
- maintaining records to support your position?
- confident you are fully prepared should a dispute arise?
Edge Consult provide:
- preparation or review of contract documents;
- Contract Administration / Employer’s Agent services;
- identification and management of project risks;
- independent monitoring, recording and reporting on progress, forecast completion date and cost of the Works up to final account.
- initial appraisal and in depth analysis of project problems;
- identification of time, cost and contractual problems with solutions;
- analysis to establish realistic completion dates;
- comprehensive extension of time delay assessments;
- analysis to establish current and forecast outturn construction cost;
- not just contractual, but also practical dispute advice;
- dispute resolution services; Party Representative in adjudications.
Our client obtained a final account re-payment, well in excess of £1 million, when Edge Consult’s forensic investigation of a commercial account uncovered gross overpayment and improper practice.
Edge Consult was appointed to investigate a sudden and disproportionate escalation in the reported final construction cost. The project was complete and the main contractor was in the process of presenting final figures to justify payment.
Edge Consult Partners used their practical construction experience and specialist knowledge of the contract to undertake a forensic analysis of the information presented by the main contractor to the client’s professional team.
Our analysis identified numerous instances of manipulation of figures and misrepresentation from the main contractor and, unfortunately, a distinct absence of pragmatic enquiry from the client’s professional team.
Edge Consult was therefore asked to take over the full financial analysis of the works. The resulting investigation was supported by clearly worded and evidenced reports which brought our client both a huge refund and a greatly reduced final account.
The client has subsequently used Edge Consult’s services to protect their position on several other large national and international projects.